Student-Athlete Academic Resources.
At AP Academy, we view our athletes and families as an extension of our own. We do not make empty promises and are completely committed to the total development of our athletes. We are mindful of the trust and confidence placed upon us by our families and athletes, and that trust drives us to make every decision in the best interest of our athletes. We will not promise or “guarantee” a college scholarship. We will guarantee a youth development experience that is unparalleled and an honest, no nonsense approach to helping shape our young men and women into exemplary students, competitive athletes, and most importantly lifelong leaders.
“AP Academy has become the leading “Go To” recruiting resource for college coaches across the country. With recruiting being our lifeline at the college level, it’s comforting to know that an athlete trained and developed by John Martin will always possess the necessary skills to compete at the next level. What separates John and AP Academy from the competitors is their genuine attention to preparing their student athletes for the “off the field” challenges such as time management and player/coach relationship skill that come into play during the transition from high school to collegiate athletics. With 18 years of college football coaching experience from NCAA Division 1 to NCAA Division 3, there isn’t a more qualified man that I would trust to place a student athlete who desires to compete at the next level than John Martin of AP Academy.”
Asst. Head Coach/OL Coach
Student-Athlete Recruiting Package
This is what sets AP Academy apart from the “independent college advisors”. This package is specifically designed to meet the needs of student athletes who intend to compete at the college level. The student meetings will focus on: maximizing exposure, matching academic standing with playing potential, communication with coaches, NCAA Clearinghouse Certification, and much more. Our academic and athletic staff has forged strong relationships with some of our countries most outstanding colleges and universities. This service is available to our AP student-athletes and the public.
Our process begins where our student-athlete enters the process with The Academy. Each program is created based on the graduation class and involvement in the recruiting process. While no two recruiting processes are the same, please not some of the areas covered during each program offered.
FRESHMEN PROGRAM . . .
- Matching Passion with Purpose
- How High School Courses affect long term College Planning
- Terminology around High School Courses and College Requirements
- Extra-Curricular Involvement
- Setting and Achieving Short and Long Term Goals
SOPHOMORE PROGRAM . . .
- Staying on a Strong Academic Path
- "Painting the Perfect Picture" in choosing a College
- Lear how to communicate with Coaches
- Picking the best Grade 11 courses
- Create a testing timeline for SAT/ACT
- Selecting the right Summer Camp
JUNIOR PROGRAM. . .
- Most Critical Year (Academics and Athletics)
- How GPA changes College List
- Fine Tuning College Search
- Identifying Reach/Target/Safe Schools
- Getting Recommendations
- Where is the Merit/Scholarship money available
- Communicating with Coaches Consistently
- Register for Standardized Testing
- Understanding Early Decision/Early Action/Regular Decision/Rolling Admission
- Tips on the College Essay
- Introduction to the Common App
- Selecting the right Summer Camp
SENIOR PROGRAM. . .
- Let the Applications Begin!
- Sending Transcripts/SAT/ACT Scores
- Continued Communication with Coaches
- Successfully Submitting Applications