Date: August 9th-10th
Time: 5 P.M. (Check-In 4:30 P.M.)
Location: Minnchaug Regional High School, JV Baseball Field, Wilbraham, MA
13U Prep Team Program Details
Our 13U Prep Team is a developmental program to help players transition from the 70’ diamond to the 90’ diamond. Through the combined years of baseball experience at Advanced Performance Academy, we as former players and now coaches find this transition to be one of the biggest for young players. Our concentration will be on developing the correct baseball knowledge. Building players from the ground up, teaching them the many aspects of the game while maintaining a fun baseball environment. Each player will undergo an evaluation detailed below.
Each athlete will complete a series of performance test to determine baseline athletic measurements for speed, agility and strength.
Strength, Speed and Agility Testing
- 40 Yard Dash
- Home to First
- 5-10-5 Pro Agility Test
- Med-Ball Rotational Toss
- Defensive & Offensive Fundamentals
- Throwing Accuracy
- Arm Strength
Advanced Performance Academy will use this evaluation to build its first ever 13U Team. As mention, our goal is build players from the ground up and develop their skills with proper technique and the fundamentals of the baseball at the forefront.
- Strength, Speed & Agility: Focusing on building strength, first step reaction time, quickness, lateral movement and change of direction as well as baseball specific conditioning.
- Fundamentals: Teaching the proper mechanics of swinging, fielding, running and throwing
- Pitchers: Building off the fundamentals, players will learn the importance of Fastball command, change of speeds, control of the running game/pickoffs and fielding the position
- Hitters: Pre-pitch routine, situational hitting, two-strike approaches, bunting and the running the bases properly